1 Pound Fresh Halibut Steaks, Cut into 1 Inch Pieces
1 1/2 Pounds Fresh Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
2 Pounds Mussels or Clams, Cleaned and Debearded
1 Pound Can Tomatoes, With Liquid
1 Cup Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth
1 Onion, Chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Basil
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place all ingredients except for the seafood in the crock and stir.
- Cook on high 2 – 4 hours.
- Add mussels or clams and cook for another hour on high.
- Add shrimp and halibut and cook for another hour to three hours on high, making sure that shrimp is pink and fish is opaque white.
- Mussel shells should be open.
- Serve with broth in bowls.
- Any mussels that do not open should be tossed out.