(optional) You can grill the patties on a non-stick pan on a grill too!
- 1 14.7 ounce can salmon, drained and picked over
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, halved, plus grated peel of 1/2 lemon
- 8 1/2 inches thick slices French bread, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons parsley, the egg and mustard. Shape into 4 patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon peel and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Spread the lemon mayonnaise on 4 slices of toast.
Top each burger with a tomato slice, a squirt of lemon juice, a salmon patty, a slice of bacon and two slices of toasted bread!
Pair with Sriracha-Citrus Remoulade! Search this site for this great Remoulade to spread on your burger and fries as a substitute for the sauce in step number 3!