- Zucchini and Squash, sliced into rounds or quartered rounds
- Tomatoes, sliced into rounds or quartered rounds (optional)
- Onion, sliced and diced into small strips
- Mozzarella or cheddar cheese, grated
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Alfredo Sauce or you can make a simple White Sauce (equal parts of butter and flour) stir to golden color then add the milk to create the creaminess of the sauce!
- Bacon Crumbs
- Working with whatever size pan you would like, arrange a layer of zucchini and squash pieces on the bottom of the pan.
- Place the tomato pieces (optional) on top of the zucchini and squash and then sprinkle some diced onion over the top.
- Sprinkle the onion layer with grated cheese.
- Pour each layer with Alfredo or white Sauce
- Repeat the layers once or more.
- Top the layered veggies with Italian Bread Crumbs, Bacon and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the veggies at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, checking the veggies until they are done. The Parmesan cheese should be lightly browned. When pricked with a fork or knife, the zucchini and squash should be al dente – tender yet with a bite.